Chief Executive Officer
John Howard is the Chief Executive Officer of Irving Place Capital. Prior to founding Irving Place Capital in 1997, Mr. Howard was the co-CEO of Vestar Capital Partners, a private investment firm specializing in management buyouts. Previously, Mr. Howard was a Senior Vice President and Partner of Wesray Capital Corporation, one of the foremost private equity sponsors and a pioneer in the leveraged buyout business.
- M.B.A from Yale School of Management
- B.A. degree from Trinity College
Current portfolio company board seats
- Aéropostale, Inc.
- Dots, LLC
- Multi Packaging Solutions, Inc.
- New York & Company, Inc.
- rag & bone, LLC
Representative former portfolio company board seats
- Integrated Circuit Systems, Inc.
- Nice-Pak Holdings, Inc.
- NRT Incorporated
- Safety 1st, Inc.
- Seven For All Mankind, LLC
- Standard Holdings, LLC
- Stuart Weitzman, LLC
- Universal Hospital Services, Inc.
- Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.